This is Bill’s commentary on the portion Yitro – “Jethro.” This portion takes its name from Moses’ father-in-law who offered his son-in-law some very wise advice. In this portion, Israel is called to be a kingdom of priests and a holy people in order to be a light to the nations. As such, they are not to live like the nations and are, therefore, given the Ten Commandments as an outline of how to conduct themselves in their relationship with God and with their fellow man. Some of the highlights are:
- The role of outsiders in the Restoration.
- Importance of the eagles’ wings.
- What is the first command given?
- The covenant aspect of Sinai.
- Much more. Approximately 2:50